In this episode, I'm joined by Travis York the managing director of Suveto whose mission is supporting veterinary ownership. Travis also works within the family companies of Calico and Harbor. Calico helps veterinarians to preserve independent ownership through flexible financing. They fund acquisitions, expansions, construction, and refinancing. Harbor is a unique veterinarian only community and educational platform with thousands of members. We cover a lot of content and Travis is full of knowledge on all things veterinary medicine and ownership.
- What he is seeing today in the landscape of veterinary medicine.
- The demand from young veterinarians for practice ownership and the conversations he's having.
- Current practice owner's and their long term plans and exit ideas.
- An overview of Harbor and it's purpose and mission.
- The "why" and origin of Suveto.
- The difference between economic and entrepreneurial ownership for veterinarians.
- The biggest opportunity for young veterinarians.
- Challenges and road blocks in veterinary medicine.