In this episode, Dan Routh and Isaiah come back for a radio show to discuss investing 101. There has been a lot of interest and activity in investing lately. They discuss the following:
- The growth of individuals investing and trading in the market today.
- The basics – identify your risk tolerance, time horizon, diversification, and cost.
- How to think about investing and medical research.
- How to overcome biases, the biggest one being home country biases.
- The Global Market Portfolio.
- The issue of time horizon mismatching.
- Savings vs. Investing outperformance.
- Risk & Return
Free Vanguard Risk Tolerance Tool - https://retirementplans.vanguard.com/VGApp/pe/PubQuizActivity?Step=start
Global Market Portfolio - https://mebfaber.com/2015/05/30/chapter-6-the-global-market-portfolio/
Simple, But No Simpler Investment Allocation - https://www.growingyournetworth.com/simple-but-no-simpler-an-investment-review-part-i/
The Biggest Risk in Your Portfolio - https://www.growingyournetworth.com/the-biggest-risk-your-portfolio-today/
Morgan Housel’s Article Mentioned - https://www.collaborativefund.com/blog/when-you-have-no-idea-what-happens-next/