Dan Markwalder, DVM, is a veterinarian and a partner in Companion Animal Hospital Partners and Animal Care Clinic both in the Chicagoland area. He is a principal and co-founder in the 7S Society and a co-founder of Vet Mentor Solutions. We discuss why practice ownership is so vital in veterinary medicine and what it takes to be a great leader in practice.
- His story of starting his first practice and how partnerships have been a foundation of success for him.
- How he's managed to successfully partner with 21 other veterinarians over 25 years.
- The learning moment when he realized he wasn't the leader he wanted to be.
- Why mentorship is foundational for any young veterinarian in today's environment.
- Why metrics are essential, but shouldn't be the only driving factor.
- Debt and practice ownership, how he thinks about the two.
- Why culture helps recruit and retain talent.
- COVID-19 and the impacts on business...today and for the future.
Dan's LinkedIn Profile - https://www.linkedin.com/in/dan-markwalder-a2798241/
7S Society Website - https://7ssociety.com/
Vet Mentor Solutions - https://vetmentorsolutions.com/