In this episode I'm joined by Chris Meehan who is a Vice President for The Bancorp. The Bancorp is a business financing services company specializing in working with dental, veterinary and other medical professions. Chris has worked in the healthcare financing space for over ten years and brings a lot of personal experience and perspective to what you all need as a veterinarian when it comes to financing and preparing to look at lending options. We discuss how banks look at veterinarians, how to best prepare to be a good borrower, and more feedback on practice ownership.
- How do lenders look at veterinarians? How impactful are student loans?
- What is the team you need to build to be a successful owner?
- What are the biggest factors a veterinarian can position themselves to have the best experience with lenders?
- How much should some save to have as a down payment?
- The different lender types - specialty, conventional, and SBA?
- What is a major difference between start-ups and acquisitions?
- What are obstacles or deal killers you see?