In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Jenni Rizzo. Dr. Rizzo is an ER veterinarian in San Antonio, Texas. Dr. Rizzo founded Lone Star Veterinary Academy (LSVA) because she wasn’t satisfied with the types of continuing education events she had attended in the past. She also has a passion for giving back and talking about self-care and wellness within veterinary medicine. The unique and special part about her story is how she's implemented those steps in her own life to optimize for happiness and mental health. We discuss:
- How did the idea of Lone Star Vet Academy come into being?
- Why she chose to only work in clinical work two days a week.
- How as an introvert she launched LSVA
- The three big items she stresses on self-care and wellness.
- Her work with the American Heartworm Society.
She talks about Julie Squires multiple times in the episode - here is Julie's website - www.rekindlesolutions.com