In this episode, Dr. Christina “Tina” Tran is an Associate professor of practice, Clinical relations lead veterinarian at the University of Arizona. She got her DVM at the University of Illinois. She has worked as the program director for Purdue’s Veterinary Technician school. And today at Arizona has worked and built out the clinical year rotations in a new hybrid and distributed program that is unique to veterinary education. She is also a past president of the Multicultural Veterinary Medical Association (MCVMA) and a founding member. Last but not least, she sits on the Arizona examination board’s investigation committee.
- Discussing the idea of "mommy guilt" as a mother and successful veterinarian.
- Her journey and how it changed and evolved from "the plan" early on.
- What she's learned about leadership and teams from leading within academia.
- The idea of the multiplier effect in her career by building relationships.
- Arizona's new take on education for veterinary students.
- How veterinary medicine can reinvent itself.
- We discuss how the investigation committee works and the process, why most veterinarians should have nothing to worry about.
- What's stood out most in her professional life.
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)