In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Philip Richmond who is the Medical Director at Country Oaks Animal Hospital, a well-known veterinary speaker, veterinary & workplace wellbeing advocate, positive psychology consultant at Flourishing Phoenix, and Chair at the FVMA Professional Wellness & Wellbeing Committee. He is a member of the national Workplace Suicide Prevention & Postvention Committee. He is a Key Opinion Leader in Veterinary Wellbeing for Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health and has also served on the board of directors of the Florida Medical Professionals Group, an organization that supports medical professionals in recovery in the state. Last but not least – recently just was awarded the FVMA Veterinarian of the Year.
- His thoughts on the crossroads in veterinary medicine.
- His story, battle with substance abuse, and the journey to becoming FVMA Veterinarian of the year.
- PERMA and why it matters in veterinary medicine and retention.
- The best part of being a medical director.
- Leadership in veterinary medicine and how to improve it.
- The battle and impact COVID-19 has had on their practice and how they are working to regain the culture.
- Why he loves veterinary medicine.
- The advice he has for young and future veterinarians.