In this episode, I’m joined by Dr. Leni Kaplan who is a veterinarian that has worked in private practice and emergency medicine for over 20 years. She is currently a faculty professor at Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine. In 2017 she earned her Professional Life Coach designation. Her tagline is practical and pragmatic which I love. We talk about an array of topics applicable to young and experienced veterinarians.
- Her journey and career path and what she's learned.
- The idea of “You changed, work did not.”
- The three key steps for veterinarians to communicate better.
- What soft skills does she view as critical for success in today’s veterinary landscape?
- Why being Sherlock Holmes with clients is important.
- Practice myths and questioning things.
- What is your take on stress management?