In this episode, I'm joined by Dr. Siva Nalabotu and Jeff Lafave of VetCheck Pet Urgent Care which is a unique veterinary care model that started in Fishers, IN and is now starting a franchise offering nationwide. Dr. Nalabotu is a veterinarian, has his master's in biological sciences with a focus on nanotechnology, and has a Ph.D. in toxicology. Siva started the Fishers location in 2018 and as the model grew realized the offering should be available in other regions and wanted to support practice ownership with a proven model. Jeff is helping lead the franchise business from operations and day-to-day management. We dive into the details about the franchise model.
- The current business and flagship location in Fishers IN an overview.
- The care model of VetCheck and how it fits within the current landscape.
- Why start a franchise model and the goals they seek to accomplish?
- The relationships that are in place to allow veterinarians to hit the ground running.
- The opportunity for new graduates, experienced veterinarians, and those outside of veterinary medicine (investors).
- Lessons learned and how that shaped the offering.