In this episode, Dr. Jules Benson joins the show. Dr. Benson is the chief veterinary officer at Nationwide Pet. Dr. Benson has had experience in the clinic and in industry roles. He has a strong passion for data and technology as it shapes veterinary medicine today and into the future.
- The role of luck vs. skill in career growth and success.
- His role with Nationwide and how he landed there.
- Practice ownership support Nationwide offers at the collegiate level.
- A new study on insured vs. uninsured pets and retention and revenue impacts.
- The one data point he wishes veterinary medicine could have standardized.
- The "slippery monster of a standard of care" and what that means.
- The "chicken and egg" problem in diversity, equity, and inclusion within veterinary medicine.