In this episode, I'm joined by Stacy Pursell Founder, CEO & President of The VET Recruiter. The VET Recruiter is an animal health recruiter; a veterinary recruiter is the source for finding animal health jobs, veterinary jobs, and veterinarian jobs.
- Her journey to starting and running a veterinary specific recruiting company and how the industry found her.
- How “going outside of the book” and going all-in on veterinary medicine and animal health allowed her to start The Vet Recruiter.
- The story of how she was able to help a veterinarian earn a significant increase in benefits and pay and the joy associated with that.
- The job security and the low unemployment rate in veterinary medicine. Why she believes today is the best time in history to be a veterinarian.
- What is surprising or unusual in the trends in the industry from her conversations.
- Are student debt forgiveness offerings beginning to be more standard in employment contracts?
- The leverage that veterinarians have in a job search given the need in the marketplace.
- How not to use the leverage and stories of mistakes by candidates and how that impacts them longer term.
- The impacts and changes to the nature of the industry given the shift towards female veterinarians.
- Her advice to all veterinarians to ensure they are adequately paid.
- Why her success is aligned with the best outcomes for the industry
Stacy’s LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacypursell/