In this episode, I talk with Angela DeMaree, DVM of PAWS Consulting. She retired as a MAJ in the US Army Reserves where she learned so much about leadership. In addition to her leadership experiences as a veterinarian and veteran, she holds a Master of Public Health from the University of Southern California's Keck School of Medicine in biostatistics and epidemiology and is a Certified High Performance Coach.
- How her mom inspired her to overcome obstacles and was a source of inspiration
- How failures can inspire success, and how long it takes to be an overnight successes
- Learning > Failure and how to frame working towards big goals
- Her big core values: Bold Leadership, Innovation, Selfless Service, and Adventure
- How she sees the veterinary profession as the most innovative and intellectual professions out there (biased of course)
- What is PAWS Consulting
- Her veterinary medicine story and journey from Equine Sports Medicine to working for AVMA in D.C. to finally working on the regulatory side in Indiana.
- Why she doesn’t think the theme of young veterinarians don’t want to own is true
- How sharing and collaboration can help solve some of the biggest issues in vet med
- Aligning values with goals and dreams
- Why she started her podcast
- The three main concerns of veterinarians she heard were: work/life balance, career transitions, and personal finance
- You are the only one that has to want the dreams and goals in your life, don’t make them about someone else’s vision
- Be sure to listen to the end as she offers a free strategy session offer to all listeners
Beyond the Stethoscope Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/beyond-the-stethoscope/id1354281411