In this episode, I’m joined by Real Estate Broker Bobby Lind with Carr Healthcare Realty. In our discussion we talk about:
- Bobby’s path to be a healthcare-specific real estate pro.
- What is tenant representation and why it’s so important?
- How to think about the buy/lease question all veterinarians think about.
- The mistakes made by veterinarians when they go through the process the first time.
- The process of looking for space and why the process starts from the first call to a landlord.
- The costs behind a clinic buildout and how a longer-term lease can lessen those costs.
- How far away can you move a clinic before you should worry about losing clients?
- When should you start the renegotiation process with a current landlord?
- A success story and how free rent played a role in the process. Yes, that is a very real thing…
- The tangible amount of money a lease or buy decision can have on your business profits.