In this episode, Dr. Kevin Lowe joins me for a fantastic discussion. Dr. Lowe is the owner of Flint River Animal Hospital. Dr. Lowe has some non-consensus views on topics within veterinary medicine and life that we explored. He gets technical, so this is a great one for those who want more medical discussion. Also, he is a bitcoiner which is how we connected, so we’ll talk about that as well and how it's impacted him. We run out of time to fully get into bitcoin - so he'll be back for a full discussion there later on. Enjoy!
- Why veterinary medicine? – His back story for how and why he went to Auburn for vet school.
- The struggle and journey to practice ownership. How he and his dad bonded over his practice start-up.
- The struggles with mental health and physical health.
- Corporate medicine and time preference.
- The moral hazard of negative accrual and production targets.
- The world of corporate buy-outs and what he's learned.
- Nutrition in veterinary medicine and his own journey.
- How he has changed recommendations on pet nutrition
- Why do most veterinarians not understand bitcoin, and who does get it?
- The Bitcoin Standard
- Tan Man Substack
- Why We Get Sick
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)