In this episode, I'm rejoined by veterinary attorney Justin Weaver of Oberman Law Firm. Justin has an extremely high concentration of veterinary clients and is a well of knowledge on all things legal and veterinary medicine (except for litigation as he lets you know). In this broad conversation, we build on our episode #41 to help a current owner think through a practice sale.
- An update on the market for veterinary practice demand - seeing a little slowdown.
- The backdrop on the ingredients for a sale environment.
- Scheduling and timing of a sale.
- Non-competes and a sale.
- The challenges of actually proceeding with a life-changing transaction.
- Private vs. Corporate and what the future may hold.
- What's the actual valuation of the stock/equity doctors often get.
- Gotchas to be aware of
GuardianVets (be sure if you reach out to mention us for 50% off your first month)