In this episode, Dr. Serena Nayee received her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from the University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine. She is from Fishers, IN, and is the Medical Director at VetCheck Pet Urgent Care’s second location in Carmel, IN. Recently, she founded Chapter VIII: Veterinary Inclusion and Intersectionality Initiative to promote inclusive advocacy and education, intersectional art and story-sharing, communication workshops, community mentorship, and diversifying professional experience.
- Dr. Serena's background and work history
- How she's taken on more responsibility earlier than most in her veterinary career.
- Training staff and the team that has limited existing veterinary knowledge.
- The burden of care and staying together as a team.
- VetCheck and the ownership and work opportunities.
- The Ambassador Program within VetCheck.
- Chapter VIII and the origin story and mission.