In this episode, I’m joined by Rhys Giannarelli who is the owner of Point Grey Veterinary Hospital in British Columbia. Rhys and his wife Dr. Carmen Chan have three veterinary hospitals in a very competitive market but have thrived as a private business. Rhys had some strong, detailed opinions in the Facebook chat that I loved and I was able to twist his arm to come on and chat. We discuss:
- His back story and how hospitality is at the heart of their service model.
- Why corporate medicine is not a threat and should not be seen that way.
- Successful strategies and thoughts on competing in a saturated market.
- Why start-ups make more sense than acquisitions.
- Core values and investing in your team.
Veterinary Management Solutions (IVMS) www.vancityvetgroup.ca